Want to join? Current Openings HERE!
Tadeusz KONONOWICZ, PhD investigates time estimation processes and self-monitoring of time estimation in the human brain utilizing a combination of EEG, MEG techniques, pattern recognition and cognitive modeling approaches. Unlike earlier studies emphasizing the accumulation processes in time estimation, my current work suggests that the sense of time relies on detection of specific patterns in brain activation and that beta oscillations play a great role in estimating time and in self-monitoring of estimated time.
William VALLET, PhD is a postdoctoral fellow in WildTimes
Sloane Paulcan, MSc is a PhD student at the Paris-Saclay Institute of Neuroscience (NeuroPSI) where I investigate the neuronal basis of temporal order judgement in rats, under the direction of Valérie Doyère and the co-direction of Virginie Van Wassenhove, (ANR AutoTime). My purpose is to investigate the neuronal mechanisms and the brain structures involved in the processing of temporal order of audio-visual stimuli. I am interested in the cognitive mechanisms underlying basic brain functioning and the translation to adaptive behavior. Moreover, a part of my study investigates the temporal order judgment in a schizophrenic model, adding a pathological aspect to this very fundamental topic.
Paul BERTON (MII, ENS Paris Cogmaster) • In the Cognition and Brain Dynamics team, I study the temporal reasoning system of humans to better understand the cognitive process in the brain about time. These research are my first steps in the scientific academic and aims to be an alternative view to the theory of Mental Models for temporal problem-solving. My assumption is that mental representation of the course of events relies on the Allen’s temporal algebra. Outside of the lab, by involving myself in the transmission and pedagogy of the results produced by academic experts, I am interested in spreading a scientific culture for all. To do so, I am currently leading a working group to create a cultural mediation exhibition on the subject of “language as a complex system“.
Blandine BREINAERT (MII, Marseille)
Nikos CHALAS (MII, ERASMUS)
Valentine MANDIN (MI, Lyon) •
Izem MANGIONE (Univ. Bordeaux) • I am currently in my second year of the Master’s and I will do my internship on the comprehension of how time is represented in working memory.
Yvan NEDELEC (MII, Univ Paris Descartes) • WildTimes
Dragana MANASOVA (MI, Univ Paris Descartes) •
Anna WAGELMANS (MI, ENS Paris Cogmaster ) •
- Benoît Martin is now Clinical Site Manager @ Parexel. PhD thesis (2017.10.09) Magnitudes in the human brain: independent processing of time, space, and number.
- Laetitia Grabot is now a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow @ University of Bielefeld, Germany. PhD thesis (2017.09.11) Implicit and explicit temporal order in the structuring of the conscious “now”.
- Anne Kösem is now a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
@ Donders, Netherlands.@ Lyon, France.PhD thesis (2014.03.27) Cortical oscillations as temporal reference frames for perception.
- Nicolas Zilber (Dir. P. Ciuciu) is now working @ Amadeus, Sophia-Antipolis, France. PhD thesis (2014.03.10) ERF and scale-free analyses of source-reconstructed MEG brain signals during a multisensory learning paradigm.
- Baptiste Gauthier, (2012-16, phd then postdoc) now w/ Olaf Blanke, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland.
- Denis Engemann (2016,) now junior scientist at Parietal (CEA/INRIA, NeuroSpin).
- Anja Wuehle (2014)
- Clémence Roger (2011-13), now Maître de Conférence, Univ. of Lille, France
- Ramon Mariano Guevara Erra (2011-13, postdoc) now LPP, Paris, France
- Marco Buiatti (2010-14) now EEG Lab @ University of Trento, Italy
- Etienne Labyt (2008-2010) now MEG lab @ CEA-Leti, Clinatech, Grenoble, France
- Camille Lakhlifi (2017-18, MII ENS Cogmaster) on her way to link academic research and policy makers.
- Ava Kiai (2017-18, MII ENS Cogmaster), now with Lucia Melloni
- Alexandre Nauleau (summer intern; ENS Paris-Saclay), now with Alexandre Pouget
- Rohit Yadav (summer intern; Machine learning & Data mining, University of Jean Monnet/ University of Lyon)
- Jacques Pesnot-Lerousseau (2016-17, ENS Cogmaster, année césure), now PhD w/ Daniele Schön at Institut des Neurosciences, Université Aix Marseille.
- Pauline Demory (2017), now MII Cogmaster student
- Ignacio Polti (2014-16, ENS Cogmaster), now PhD student w/ Christian Doeller at Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience (NTNU)
- Karin Petske (2014-15, RA)
- Hafeza Tajuddin (2015, MII BME Paris)
- Yousra Bekhti (2013, MII) now PhD student w/ Alexandre Gramfort, Télécom ParisTech
- Milton Augusto Vendramini de Avila (2013, MI UCL-ENS) now PhD in the Neuroscience and Behavior program, Univ of Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Lucille Lecoutre (2013, MII ENS, Paris) now Consulting Engineer in Human Factors, Bordeaux
- Agnès Falco (2013, MI ENS) now PhD student at Université Toulouse – Jean Jaurès, France.
- Luca Iemi (2013, MII UCL-ENS, London-Paris) now PhD at Charité Univ Médecine w/ Niko Busch
- Salim Kebache (2011, visiting MI ENS Paris)
- Marianne Duyck (2011, visiting MII ENS Paris) now PhD at LPP, Paris.
- Lukasz Grzeczkowski (2011. MII ENS) PhD at EFLP w/ Michael Herzog
- Anna Lambrechts (2010, MII ENS-UCL) PhD at City University London w/ Kielan Yarrow
- Brice Martin (2009-2010) Master . MD-PhD psychiatry
- Pooja PRABHU, MSc (2018, Raman-Charpak Fellow) Phd Manipal Institute of Technology, India
- Renan SCHIAVOLIN RECIO (2017, visiting PhD, SANDWICH program) Brazil
- Thiago Oliveira da Motta Sampaio (2012-13, visiting PhD, SANDWICH program) now Professor UNICAMP, Cidade Universitária, Campinas, Brazil
- Diana Omigie (2012, visiting PhD) now
Max-Planck Inst, Frankfurt, Germanynow Lecturer at Goldsmiths University, London, UK